Indie Quilt Jam

Home Forums Jams Indie Quilt Jam

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jupiter Hadley
    Keymaster

I am a big fan of charity, so the Indie Quilt Jam really interests me, however it is sort of limiting – with its unity only games required. I do like wario-styled games though! I am hoping they get a lot of games!

bunnyhero
    Keymaster

this seems like a really cool jam. i’m going to give it a shot (i’m still learning unity).

JNyknn
    Participant

They should do a similar jam for HTML5-games, so people could use different frameworks (or pure HTML5) to finish their games. Okay, I could start learning Unity, it cannot be any harder than learning new programming language, but I have never used game engines before (except Game Maker over six years ago, but that’s more a game creation tool than an engine).

bunnyhero
    Keymaster

an HTML5-based indie quilt would be great! i have found unity pretty easy to learn.

jacklehamster
    Participant

I have yet to learn Unity, and Indie Quilt will be my deadline for doing that.

I think the plan is to produce a Unity game that will be sold for charity, so it will probably be repackaged as an executable, not just web. By making it all in one language, you can smoothly switch between all the different games (without loading time). Also, you can have a combined score across all of them.

Jupiter Hadley
    Keymaster

I never really thought of the whole combining score thing.

erichermit
    Participant

Hi, I’m running the IndieQuilt jam so I thought I’d chime in!

First of all, everyone is free to contribute non-Unity games to the jam itself. Of course, it’s the IndieQuilt Collaborative Game that is the real appeal here, so I understand that it’s quite a turn off otherwise!

I’ve been working with some smart people about the idea of setting up the ability to weave non-Unity games into the IndieQuilt. It’s a bit complicated and not necessarily possible, but some people do think it can be done. If I can manage this, it will open the gates to a lot of other developers!

bunnyhero
    Keymaster

awesome! thanks for the update! 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.